- Thursday of the Thirty-fourth Week in Ordinary Time November 27, 2014Reading 1 rv 18:1-2, 21-23; 19:1-3, 9a I, John, saw another angel coming down from heaven,having great authority,and the earth became illumined by his splendor.He cried out in a mighty voice:“Fallen, fallen is Babylon the great.She has become a haunt for demons.She is a cage for every unclean spirit,a cage for every unclean bird,a cage for every unclean and […]
- Thursday of the Thirty-fourth Week in Ordinary Time November 27, 2014
- St. Francesco Antonio Fasani (November 27, 2014) November 27, 2014Born in Lucera (southeast Italy), Francesco entered the Conventual Franciscans in 1695. After his ordination 10 years later, he taught philosophy to younger friars, served as guardian of his friary and later became provincial. When his term of office ended, Francesco became master of novices and finally pastor in his hometown.
- St. Francesco Antonio Fasani (November 27, 2014) November 27, 2014
- Pope Francis' visit to Turkey: its political and religious dimensions November 27, 2014(Vatican Radio) What is the main significance and chief highlights of Pope Francis’s three day pastoral visit to Turkey this week? And what message is he likely to bring to the Christian and Muslim communities during his time in Ankara and Istanbul? These were some of the questions Susy Hodges put to Vatican Radio’s correspondent Philippa Hitchen who is t […]
- Pope Francis' visit to Turkey: its political and religious dimensions November 27, 2014
Eucharistic Adoration will take place on Friday, December 5th (first Friday of the month) from 9:00am until 12:00pm. Please call the office to sign up if you are available to be a guardian for a specific hour. All are welcome to come to the chapel for Adoration between 9am and 12pm even if it is for a short stay.
That Man is You! Is an interactive men’s program combining the best research from science with the teachings of the Catholic faith and the wisdom of the saints to develop the Vision of a man fully alive. By honestly addressing the pressures and temptations that men face in our modern culture, That Man is You! Seeks to form men who will be capable of Transforming homes and society. Brochure download
Welcome to Our Lady of the Mount! I’m happy that you’re checking our website and hope you find the information you need. If not, please call the parish office (706 820 0680). Our Lady of the Mount is a rather small, but welcoming Catholic community situated on the very top of Lookout Mountain near Chattanooga, Tennessee, one of the most beautiful places in the South. While the parish is physically located in the Georgia part of the Mountain (Archdiocese of Atlanta) our parishioners live and work in both Tennessee and Georgia. Throughout the year we welcome visitors from across the … Continue reading