- Feast of the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary May 31, 2016Reading 1 Zep 3:14-18a Shout for joy, O daughter Zion!Sing joyfully, O Israel!Be glad and exult with all your heart, O daughter Jerusalem!The LORD has removed the judgment against you,he has turned away your enemies;The King of Israel, the LORD, is in your midst,you have no further misfortune to fear.On that day, it shall be […]
- Feast of the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary May 31, 2016
- Visitation (May 31, 2016) May 31, 2016This is a fairly late feast, going back only to the 13th or 14th century. It was established widely throughout the Church to pray for unity. The present date of celebration was set in 1969 in order to follow the Annunciation of the Lord (March 25) and precede the Birthday of John the Baptist (June […]
- Visitation (May 31, 2016) May 31, 2016
- Fr. John Bosco Chang-Ho Shin new Auxiliary Bishop of Daegu, South Korea May 31, 2016The Holy Father has appointed Rev. Fr. John Bosco Chang-Ho Shin new auxiliary bishop of the Archdiocese of Daegu, South Korea, assigning him the titular see of Vescera. Fr. John Bosco Chang-Ho Shin was born on May 25, 1966 in Daegu, in the Gyeousang-namdo province, in the Archdiocese of Daegu. He studied first at the […]
- Fr. John Bosco Chang-Ho Shin new Auxiliary Bishop of Daegu, South Korea May 31, 2016
Congratulations to our high school graduates. We’ve had the privilege of watching you grow over the years, and will pray for your continued growth and blessing in all you do. Please join us Sunday, June 5th as Father Tom recognizes each of you and offers a special blessing during the 9:00 a.m. Mass.
It’s that time again! We will have our first garden planting/clean-up Tuesday, May 10th from 5:30p.m.-7:00 p.m. with social time after-wards. Family & friends are welcome! Please let us know if you will be joining us so we can plan accordingly: Nini Davenport at firstname.lastname@example.org or Sissy Tarumianz at email@example.com. Remember to bring your favorite gloves, clippers, spades, etc. Please mark your calendars for the remaining dates as well: May 31st, June 28th, July 26th, August 30th, and September 27th.
Thanks to all our parishioners who have made their gift to the 2016 Archbishop’s Annual Appeal. Our Lady of the Mount Parish has pledged 35% of our goal. If you have not yet made a gift or pledge, please fill out a commitment card located in the narthex. You may give and pledge online. Follow the link on our website: https://donate.archatl.com/ Please participate in the support of our archdiocesan church.
The 2016 Eucharistic Congress comes at the begin-ning of the summer, just as the entire family is look-ing for quality and wholesome activities. Please prayerfully consider volunteering at the Congress on Friday, June 3rd or Saturday, June 4th. The success of the Congress relies greatly on volunteers. Our volun-teer registration closes on May 1st to allow comple-tion of paperwork and proper planning. For more information, please visit congress.archatl.com.
Welcome to Our Lady of the Mount! I’m happy that you’re checking our website and hope you find the information you need. If not, please call the parish office (706 820 0680). Our Lady of the Mount is a rather small, but welcoming Catholic community situated on the very top of Lookout Mountain near Chattanooga, Tennessee, one of the most beautiful places in the South. While the parish is physically located in the Georgia part of the Mountain (Archdiocese of Atlanta) our parishioners live and work in both Tennessee and Georgia. Throughout the year we welcome visitors from across the … Continue reading