- Thursday of the Twenty-ninth Week in Ordinary Time October 23, 2014Reading 1 eph 3:14-21 Brothers and sisters:I kneel before the Father,from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named,that he may grant you in accord with the riches of his gloryto be strengthened with power through his Spirit in the inner self,and that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith;that you, rooted and grounded in love,may have strengt […]
- Thursday of the Twenty-ninth Week in Ordinary Time October 23, 2014
- St. John of Capistrano (October 23, 2014) October 23, 2014It has been said the Christian saints are the world's greatest optimists. Not blind to the existence and consequences of evil, they base their confidence on the power of Christ's redemption. The power of conversion through Christ extends not only to sinful people but also to calamitous events.
- St. John of Capistrano (October 23, 2014) October 23, 2014
- Pope at Santa Marta: The limitless language of God’s love October 23, 2014(Vatican Radio) "We cannot be Christians without the grace of the Holy Spirit" who gives us the strength to love, said Pope Francis at Mass Thursday morning at Santa Marta. Emer McCarthy reports: Pope Francis centered his homily on St. Paul’s Letter to the Ephesians in which the Apostle describes his experience of Jesus, an experience "that l […]
- Pope at Santa Marta: The limitless language of God’s love October 23, 2014
That Man is You! Is an interactive men’s program combining the best research from science with the teachings of the Catholic faith and the wisdom of the saints to develop the Vision of a man fully alive. By honestly addressing the pressures and temptations that men face in our modern culture, That Man is You! Seeks to form men who will be capable of Transforming homes and society. Brochure download
Our Lady of the Mount will begin offering Eucharistic Adoration in the Chapel on the first Friday of each month. The Blessed Sacrament will be exposed this Friday, November 7th from 9:00a.m. until 12:00 p.m. As the Blessed Sacrament cannot be left alone volunteers are needed for each hour. Please contact Amy Perry at email@example.com to sign up.
Welcome to Our Lady of the Mount! I’m happy that you’re checking our website and hope you find the information you need. If not, please call the parish office (706 820 0680). Our Lady of the Mount is a rather small, but welcoming Catholic community situated on the very top of Lookout Mountain near Chattanooga, Tennessee, one of the most beautiful places in the South. While the parish is physically located in the Georgia part of the Mountain (Archdiocese of Atlanta) our parishioners live and work in both Tennessee and Georgia. Throughout the year we welcome visitors from across the … Continue reading