- Saturday of the Fifth Week of Lent March 28, 2015Reading 1 Ez 37:21-28 Thus says the Lord GOD:I will take the children of Israel from among the nationsto which they have come,and gather them from all sides to bring them back to their land.I will make them one nation upon the land,in the mountains of Israel,and there shall be one prince for them all. […]
- Saturday of the Fifth Week of Lent March 28, 2015
- Blessed Ludovico of Casoria (March 29, 2015) March 29, 2015Born in Casoria (near Naples), Arcangelo Palmentieri was a cabinet-maker before entering the Friars Minor in 1832, taking the name Ludovico. After his ordination five years later, he taught chemistry, physics and mathematics to younger members of his province for several years.
- Blessed Ludovico of Casoria (March 29, 2015) March 29, 2015
- Over half a million people sign petition to free Asia Bibi March 28, 2015(Vatican Radio) Over half a million people have signed a petition started by a British woman to save Asia Bibi, the Christian woman sentenced to death in Pakistan for alleged blasphemy. In an online petition, university student Emily Clarke says Asia Bibi, condemned to death in November 2010, was alleged to have made disparaging comments […]
- Over half a million people sign petition to free Asia Bibi March 28, 2015
Please be considerate of others if you arrive after Mass has begun. If Mass has begun please wait until the singing of the responsorial psalm, when the congregation stands for the gospel acclamation, or during the Creed before entering and please use the side aisles. Also, please wait until homily is complete. Thank you for your cooperation.
Christians around the world are united in a special way during Lent, Holy Week and Easter. Our hearts, minds, and prayers are also especially aware of the Holy Land. Our parish, once a year on Palm Sunday, is called on to support Christians in the Holy Land. As a pontifical collection requested by Pope Francis, the annual Palm Sunday collection offers a direct link for parishioners to be witnesses of peace and to help protect the Holy Places. When you donate ton Palm Sunday, you are supporting Christians in the Holy Land. Please be generous in your support!
Please note that with the beginning of each new calendar year online contributors are encouraged to access their Online Giving accounts to ensure their donations continue as intended. For instance the Offertory Fund is exclusive to each calendar year so if you were making an online offertory contribution last year you will need to log in and choose the Offertory 2015 Fund. Please contact Amy in the office at 706-820-0680 for more information.
That Man is You! Is an interactive men’s program combining the best research from science with the teachings of the Catholic faith and the wisdom of the saints to develop the Vision of a man fully alive. By honestly addressing the pressures and temptations that men face in our modern culture, That Man is You! Seeks to form men who will be capable of Transforming homes and society. TMIY will resume in January 20, 2015. Brochure download
Welcome to Our Lady of the Mount! I’m happy that you’re checking our website and hope you find the information you need. If not, please call the parish office (706 820 0680). Our Lady of the Mount is a rather small, but welcoming Catholic community situated on the very top of Lookout Mountain near Chattanooga, Tennessee, one of the most beautiful places in the South. While the parish is physically located in the Georgia part of the Mountain (Archdiocese of Atlanta) our parishioners live and work in both Tennessee and Georgia. Throughout the year we welcome visitors from across the … Continue reading