- Wednesday of the Thirty-fourth Week in Ordinary Time November 25, 2015Reading 1 Dn 5:1-6, 13-14, 16-17, 23-28 King Belshazzar gave a great banquet for a thousand of his lords,with whom he drank.Under the influence of the wine,he ordered the gold and silver vesselswhich Nebuchadnezzar, his father,had taken from the temple in Jerusalem,to be brought in so that the king, his lords,his wives and his entertainers […]
- Wednesday of the Thirty-fourth Week in Ordinary Time November 25, 2015
- St. Columban (November 25, 2015) November 25, 2015Columban was the greatest of the Irish missionaries who worked on the European continent. As a young man he was greatly tormented by temptations of the flesh, and sought the advice of a religious woman who had lived a hermit's life for years. He saw in her answer a call to leave the world. He […]
- St. Columban (November 25, 2015) November 25, 2015
- Anglican leaders welcome Papal Preacher's sermon November 25, 2015(Vatican Radio) Britain’s Queen Elizabeth and leaders of the Church of England have welcomed the words of the Papal preacher, Fr Raniero Cantalamessa, as “significant”, “forthright” and “a very strong message”. The Franciscan friar, who is Preacher of the Papal Household, gave the sermon in Westminster Abbey on Tuesday during the inauguration of the 10th […]
- Anglican leaders welcome Papal Preacher's sermon November 25, 2015
Our Advent penance service is Thursday, December 10th at 6:30 p.m. Pope Francis has declared 2016 as the Year of Mercy. And with the world in such turmoil the need for God’s mercy is greater than ever. Unfortunately, many Catholics never experience the depth of God’s mercy when they fail to recognize God’s infinite forgiveness through the sacrament of Penance. The service itself is only a few minutes and we’ll have additional priests available to hear confessions. Don’t let the opportunity pass.
The Holiday Season is just around the corner and Family Promise is selling live wreaths and garland! Every wreath and garland sold will help Family Promise empower homeless families in Chattanooga to find permanent housing, secure employment, case management, and life-skills classes. To order please fill out a form and mail it with payment to Family Promise. You may order online by visiting here Forms are available in the narthex and here. For more information please call 423-756-3891.