Three billion people around the world live in poverty and face hunger on a daily basis. The Catechism reminds us that “The Eucharist commits us to the poor” (ccc 1397), so this year we will kick off the Archdiocese of Atlanta’s Eucharistic Congress with a Friday morning meal packing event – STARVE WARS! We are seeking 650 volunteers of all ages to help pack 100,000 meals to go to the impoverished developing country of Burkina Faso in Africa. The event will take place Friday June 3rd at the Georgia International Convention Center in College Park. Space is limited and registration is … Continue reading
- Thursday of the Fifth Week of Easter April 28, 2016Reading 1 Acts 15:7-21 After much debate had taken place,Peter got up and said to the Apostles and the presbyters,“My brothers, you are well aware that from early daysGod made his choice among you that through my mouththe Gentiles would hear the word of the Gospel and believe.And God, who knows the heart,bore witness by […]
- Thursday of the Fifth Week of Easter April 28, 2016
- St. Peter Chanel (April 28, 2016) April 28, 2016Anyone who has worked in loneliness, with great adaptation required and with little apparent success, will find a kindred spirit in Peter Chanel.
- St. Peter Chanel (April 28, 2016) April 28, 2016
- Olympics 2016: the road to Rio April 28, 2016(Vatican Radio) With less than one hundred days to go, until the start of the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil's political crisis seems to suggest the current government may not even make the opening ceremony. Listen to the report by James Blears: Officials pledge that the stadiums will be ready to host the […]
- Olympics 2016: the road to Rio April 28, 2016