Dear Our Lady Family, At Christmas Mass attendance doubles, showing that many Catholics, and probably a lot of others as well, are adrift, but still longing to light the grain of faith buried deep in their hearts. This year we’d like to reach out to people who might be seeking a spiritual home, and I need your help. Pope Francis recently said, “The joy of the Gospel is for all people: no one can be excluded.” Do you know someone who…… · for whatever reason, has not been connected to the church for some time? · does not consider herself … Continue reading
- Wednesday of the Third Week of Advent December 17, 2014Reading 1 gn 49:2, 8-10 Jacob called his sons and said to them:“Assemble and listen, sons of Jacob,listen to Israel, your father.“You, Judah, shall your brothers praise–your hand on the neck of your enemies;the sons of your father shall bow down to you.Judah, like a lion’s whelp,you have grown up on prey, my son.He crouches like a lion recumbent,the king of […]
- Wednesday of the Third Week of Advent December 17, 2014
- Lazarus (December 17, 2014) December 17, 2014Lazarus, the friend of Jesus, the brother of Martha and Mary, was the one of whom the Jews said, "See how much he loved him." In their sight Jesus raised his friend Lazarus from the dead.
- Lazarus (December 17, 2014) December 17, 2014
- Pope welcomes U.S. and Cuban moves to normalise relations December 17, 2014(Vatican Radio) Pope Francis on Wednesday offered his congratulations to the governments of the United States and Cuba, as they announced the two countries will start talks on resuming diplomatic relations. A statement from the Vatican Secretariat of State said that in recent months the Pope had written to both Cuban President Raul Castro and U.S. President […]
- Pope welcomes U.S. and Cuban moves to normalise relations December 17, 2014