Welcome our two new liturgical coordinators. Rich Boschi has agreed to become the lector coordinator and in addition to being the Eucharistic minister coordinator, Beverly Short is also becoming the coordinator of altar servers. The coordinator has a three-fold task. One is to recruit volunteers through the annual ministry fair and the bulletin and website. Next, the coordinator contacts the volunteers to schedule training and re-training. And finally the coordinator organizes the schedule and makes sure the Masses have servers and lectors. This year the emphasis will be on increasing contact between the parish and the volunteers. Thank you, Beverly … Continue reading
- Memorial of Saint Alphonsus Liguori, Bishop and Doctor of the Church August 1, 2015Reading 1 Lv 25:1, 8-17 The LORD said to Moses on Mount Sinai,“Seven weeks of years shall you count–seven times seven years–so that the seven cycles amount to forty-nine years.Then, on the tenth day of the seventh month, let the trumpet resound;on this, the Day of Atonement, the trumpet blast shall re-echothroughout your land.This fiftieth […]
- Memorial of Saint Alphonsus Liguori, Bishop and Doctor of the Church August 1, 2015
- St. Eusebius of Vercelli (August 2, 2015) August 2, 2015Someone has said that if there had been no Arian heresy it would be very difficult to write the lives of many early saints. Eusebius is another of the defenders of the Church during one of its most trying periods.
- St. Eusebius of Vercelli (August 2, 2015) August 2, 2015
- Church in Congo says yes to dialogue but with respect for the constitution August 1, 2015The Church in the DRC has hosted a debate to discuss the importance of political dialogue in view of upcoming general elections in that country. "Dialogue is considered the founding principle of democracy and nationhood," Secretary General of the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of the Democratic Republic of Congo (CENCO), Fr. Leonard Santedi has said. He […]
- Church in Congo says yes to dialogue but with respect for the constitution August 1, 2015