- Memorial of Saint Jerome, Priest and Doctor of the Church September 30, 2016Reading 1 Jb 38:1, 12-21; 40:3-5 The LORD addressed Job out of the storm and said:Have you ever in your lifetime commanded the morningand shown the dawn its placeFor taking hold of the ends of the earth,till the wicked are shaken from its surface?The earth is changed as is clay by the seal,and dyed as […]
- Memorial of Saint Jerome, Priest and Doctor of the Church September 30, 2016
- St. Thérèse of Lisieux (October 1, 2016) October 1, 2016"I prefer the monotony of obscure sacrifice to all ecstasies. To pick up a pin for love can convert a soul." These are the words of Theresa of the Child Jesus, a Carmelite nun called the "Little Flower," who lived a cloistered life of obscurity in the convent of Lisieux, France. [In French-speaking areas, she […]
- St. Thérèse of Lisieux (October 1, 2016) October 1, 2016
- Pope meets with Georgian Orthodox Patriarch September 30, 2016(Vatican Radio) One of the highlights of the Holy Father’s first day in Georgia was his meeting with the Catholicos-Patriarch of All Georgia, Ilia II, and with the Members of the Holy Synod of the Georgian Orthodox Church. In his address during the meeting, Pope Francis focused on the love of Christ as a basis […]
- Pope meets with Georgian Orthodox Patriarch September 30, 2016
Our consultant, Cary S. “Buddy” Miller, has now finished the personal interviews and focus groups. Questionnaires were mailed Wednesday, September 21st. If you received one of the study questionnaires in the mail, please be sure to complete it and put it in the reply envelope provided as it is vital each house-hold participates. Please remember that deadline for the questionnaires to be received in the office of our consultant is Friday, September 30th. Our Parish Council, Finance Committee and Stewardship Committee will meet together on October 17th to receive the final report. Sincere thanks for your willingness to participate.
Please see the website for full details and registration on a Centering Prayer Workshop to be held in the parish hall on Saturday, October 29th from 9:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Registration forms can be found here. Contact Susan Brace at 423-681-8284, firstname.lastname@example.org or Mary Voges at 706-820-0680, email@example.com for more information. Download Form
Take a spiritual journey on staying true to commitments as disciples of Christ with the spiritual guidance of Fr. Ronald Rolheiser, OMI. Small groups sessions begin Sunday, September 25th following Mass and Wednesday, October 5th at 6:30 p.m. in the home of Christine Willingham. Signup sheets are available in both narthexes. Please contact Mary Voges for further details, firstname.lastname@example.org or 706-820-0680.
Thanks to all our parishioners who have made their gift to the 2016 Archbishop’s Annual Appeal. Our Lady of the Mount Parish has pledged 35% of our goal. If you have not yet made a gift or pledge, please fill out a commitment card located in the narthex. You may give and pledge online. Follow the link on our website: https://donate.archatl.com/ Please participate in the support of our archdiocesan church.