- Sixteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time July 23, 2017Reading 1 Wis 12:13, 16-19There is no god besides you who have the care of all,that you need show you have not unjustly condemned.For your might is the source of justice;your mastery over all things makes you lenient to all.For you show your might when the perfection of your power is disbelieved;and in those who […]
- Sixteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time July 23, 2017
- Bishops disappointed in Texas official seeking to end immigration policy July 22, 2017WASHINGTON (CNS) — After a Texas attorney general gave the Trump administration an ultimatum to end a policy protecting young migrants or face a lawsuit in September, the Catholic bishops of Texas expressed disappointment in a letter to the state official and blamed Congress for the uncertain future the migrants are facing. In a letter […]Catholic News Service
- Bishops disappointed in Texas official seeking to end immigration policy July 22, 2017
- Angelus: Pope appeals for dialogue after Jerusalem violence July 23, 2017(Vatican Radio) Pope Francis has appealed for moderation and dialogue after a surge of violence and killings over Jerusalem’s Temple Mount. Addressing the crowds gathered in St. Peter’s Square for the Sunday Angelus, the Pope said he is following “with trepidation the grave tensions and violence of the last days in Jerusalem.” Last week Arab gunmen, […]
- Angelus: Pope appeals for dialogue after Jerusalem violence July 23, 2017
Next week our parish will take up the Collection for the Archdiocese for the Military Services (AMS). The guiding mission of the AMS is to provide the sacraments—and the re-affirming Word of Christ—to the men and women serving in our armed forces, patients in VA Medical Centers, civilians working for the federal government beyond US borders, and the families of these populations. To provide these services they need your help—the AMS receives no federal funding.
Our Lady of the Mount wishes you and your family safe travels! Many of our members go on vacation or visit family during the summer months. Enjoy your trips and we look forward to seeing you when you return! If you have not already done so, please consider signing up here for Online Giving. It’s fast, it’s simple! For more information or for help setting up please contact Amy in the church office, 706-820-0680.
It’s that time again! Please mark your calendars for upcoming work days: July 11th, August 8th, and September 12th & October 10th. Each work day begins at 5:30p.m. with a social time following. Family & friends are welcome! Please let us know if you will be joining us so we can plan accordingly: Nini Davenport at firstname.lastname@example.org or Sissy Tarumianz at email@example.com. Remember to bring your favorite garden tools including gloves, clippers, weed eaters and blowers.
Welcome to Our Lady of the Mount! I’m happy that you’re checking our website and hope you find the information you need. If not, please call the parish office (706 820 0680). Our Lady of the Mount is a rather small, but welcoming Catholic community situated on the very top of Lookout Mountain near Chattanooga, Tennessee, one of the most beautiful places in the South. While the parish is physically located in the Georgia part of the Mountain (Archdiocese of Atlanta) our parishioners live and work in both Tennessee and Georgia. Throughout the year we welcome visitors from across the … Continue reading