- Memorial of Saints Andrew Kim Tae-gon, Priest, and Paul Chong Ha-sang, and Companions, Martyrs September 20, 2017Reading 1 1 Tm 3:14-16Beloved:I am writing you,although I hope to visit you soon.But if I should be delayed,you should know how to behave in the household of God,which is the Church of the living God,the pillar and foundation of truth.Undeniably great is the mystery of devotion,Who was manifested in the flesh,vindicated in the spirit,seen […]
- Memorial of Saints Andrew Kim Tae-gon, Priest, and Paul Chong Ha-sang, and Companions, Martyrs September 20, 2017
- Pope prays for victims of Mexico quake September 20, 2017VATICAN CITY (CNS) — As search and rescue operations continued in central Mexico, where more than 200 people died after a strong earthquake Sept. 19, Pope Francis offered his prayers for the victims. “May our mother, the Virgin of Guadalupe, with great tenderness be near the beloved Mexican nation,” the pope said in Spanish Sept. […]Catholic News Service
- Pope prays for victims of Mexico quake September 20, 2017
- AMECEA Secretary General Advises Sudan and South Sudan to Embrace Dialogue September 20, 2017The people of Sudan and South Sudan have been urged to resolve all their differences through dialogue and to respect one another. Speaking to Catholic Radio Network (CRN) in Juba in mid-Sept. after attending a two-day meeting in preparation for the 19th plenary Assembly of Association for Member Episcopal Conferences of Eastern Africa (AMECEA) to […]
- AMECEA Secretary General Advises Sudan and South Sudan to Embrace Dialogue September 20, 2017
This weekend, a special second collection will be held for Catholic Charities USA. One hundred percent of the monetary donations received will go directly to the local Catholic Chari-ties for survivor needs in Houston and the East Coast. Please pray for all those in the path of these unprecedented storms especially the vulnerable homeless, elderly and those without anyone to care for them. Thank you for your generosity.
Welcome to Our Lady of the Mount! I’m happy that you’re checking our website and hope you find the information you need. If not, please call the parish office (706 820 0680). Our Lady of the Mount is a rather small, but welcoming Catholic community situated on the very top of Lookout Mountain near Chattanooga, Tennessee, one of the most beautiful places in the South. While the parish is physically located in the Georgia part of the Mountain (Archdiocese of Atlanta) our parishioners live and work in both Tennessee and Georgia. Throughout the year we welcome visitors from across the … Continue reading